Thursday, April 30, 2015

Puppet

Restless.

I cannot put down what I hold in my hands. What I hold in my head. There is no rest.

Muscles remain activated, despite my attempts to relax them. I cannot cut the cord to my frenzied thoughts.

To just step away from it for a moment. To just put it down in the evening, where I could pick it up again in the morning. Even that would be ok. But I struggle to be free of it. My mind races over problem after problem, looking for solution after solution. Micro solutions and macro solutions; the pressure to 'have it all figured out'.

Why can't I just let go of it? What am I afraid of?

"If you see a hole, just step through it, see what's on the other side."

I don't want to be a puppet to my own thoughts arising from the constructs of society. I want to wake up knowing that I was born free, and that I'm still free. I want to interface with society, and with my own thoughts, but know that *they are not me*. I am my physical body as much as I am anything else. I am just barely a separate thing from the other particles that exist directly alongside my body. Tomorrow, to live and breathe that freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment