Saturday, August 4, 2012

Listen to the beat

Recently I can't get the intro song from the Children's show Arthur out of my head. As is written in the song 'it's a simple message, but it comes from the heart." I encourage anyone to read these words, and take time to let the wisdom sink in. If you agree with the statements being made, take some time to reflect on the question 'if others were observing my actions, would they see them in alignment with the wisdom in the Arthur song?'

It brings me joy to feel my actions here at the Emerging Leader labs, and more consistently in my life, in alignment with that wisdom. In fact, I would say a lot of the wisdom in the ELL is wisdom in the simplicity of this message, but being brave enough to live by the message.

Everyday when you're walking down the street, everybody that you meet
Has an original point of view

And I say HEY! what a wonderful kind of day.
Where you can learn to work and play
And get along with each other

You got to listen to your heart
Listen to the beat
Listen to the rhythm, the rhythm of the street

Open up your eyes, open up your ears
Get together and make things better by working together

It's a simple message and it comes from the heart
Believe in yourself (believe in yourself)
Well thats the place to start (to start)

And I say HEY! what a wonderful kind of day
Where you learn to work and play
And get along with each other

No comments:

Post a Comment