Monday, January 9, 2012

What Did I Learn On January 9th?

Today at 1:30 in the morning I learned that around 2700 years ago, our thinking about money changed from what money does, to what money is. It became not just a tool, or a means, but an end. - I was reading Sacred Economics by Charles Eisenstein. I am beginning to think it will be one of the most influential books on my thinking that I will ever read. 

I learned how to voice my concerns to my work team.

I learned how to install a google translate module to a drupal website.

I discovered the word symbiogenesis!

I learnt the importance of not only having another's best interests in mind, but telling them that I do.

I learnt the 4 steps in animal 'behavioural sampling methods':
  • Habituation, let the animals get used to you 
  • Ethogram, identify and distinguish all the unique behaviours of the species 
  • Identify Individuals, use markings and other traits to help you identify who's who 
  • Sampling regime, use various methods to collect larger bodies of data on what the individuals and/or group exhibits 
I learnt that pretzels in Danish is Kringler, and that it's the 'r' that makes it plural.

I learnt that some people use cars as print presses.

I learnt to be more confident in my desire and ability to buy food that I really want to eat, and to take time and effort to enjoy the preparation and eating of that meal.


I learnt the delight of Etorki cheese.

I learnt to recognize what value the story of Jesus can have on my life, by reflecting on the depth of integrity that he carried, and the brilliance of the light that he shone on the world. From this I feel better able to make decisions of integrity in my own life when faced with the choice of compromise, knowing that in doing so, my making those choices will have an impact on those who surround me.

I learnt what it feels like to go from most joyous laughter to tears of great sadness in a matter of 5 minutes or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment