Monday, January 30, 2012

CultureCraftr

My new identity as a craftsman, this is my mantra:

to craft a workable and thriving human culture within, and without myself. 

This mantra permeates my every-now.
Both my past and my future as they exist in the present.

I chose my mantra. Perhaps my mantra also chose me.

I accept who it is that I have been, and step forward into he that I want to be.

Mindfulness in every moment.

Embodiment in every moment.

Improvise. every. moment.

I'm talking about my source code. My vision. What is in my heart?

I believe that as a species, we need a new human source code.

We need to reinvent ourselves. We need to unlearn. We need to learn.

There is a global emergency. And there is, and will continue to be, emergence.

Ways that I live my mantra::

By practicing self-care. By taking care of myself I also take care of others.

By giving freely of myself. More for others also means more for myself.

By pushing my own comfort zone & learning edges continually. Emotionally & Intellectually.

I live in an intentional household where we share a variation on my mantra. Exploring, both in practice and theory, conscious 100% co-response-ability.

Through my learning in Knowledge Integration at the University of Waterloo by focusing on high level thinking skills like synthesis. Extensive study and practice of group collaboration also supports my ability to improvise in difficult scenarios. The study of the integration of theory and practice, of art and science, of the feminine and the masculine.

By culture crafting in many ecosystems of which I'm part. My family, my girlfriend, my workplace. The culture provides the context in which all experiences within these ecosystems take place, and so I see nothing more sensible than to co-create that culture. I myself am committed to the crafting of that culture.

What questions reflect my mantra?



Global Affinities: (according to alignment with my mantra, with highest alignment at the top)
Jean Robertson: to whom I can accredit, to a high degree, the choosing of my mantra
Household-As-Ecology: Culture Crafting cannot be done completely in isolation. Without this Household ecosystem with shared intent, the exploration that I want to do would not be possible.
Living Room Context: the learning community which has, and will continue to provide a framework and a community for me to explore co-response-ability.
Venessa Miemis: Since stumbling upon her work two years ago I have been overjoyed to bear witness to the explorations of another person who has not been afraid to take risks, act in integrity with the world that she says she wants to create, and commit fully to designing what she sometimes calls the 'creative economy 3.0'
Charles Eisenstein: his book Sacred Economics - redefining wealth
Infinite Games
The list of Culture Crafters on the right ->
Art of Hosting, Institute for Collective Intelligence, Creative Commons
Shareable.net, Collaborative Consumption

Local Affinities:
Knowledge Integration
The Working Centre
Kwartzlab
Treehaus
The Branches

_______________________________________________________________________________


::I am insulated in the frequency of growth::

::I am rooted in the spirit of inquiry::

::I am attent to the proximity of reflexive knowledge::

______________________________________________________________________________

I am preparing to open-source my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment